[Mapserver-users] Php Mapscript 4 again : zoom problem

W. Steph chewbizz at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 04:56:54 EDT 2003

I downloaded the mapscript dll you put in the temp directory, and now
php.exe doesn't crash anymore with drawimageicon. But there are still
problems. It seems that the function doesn't work. If I don't use
drawimageicon but createlegendicon only, some of my layer legend icons are
drawn. The ones with only OUTLINECOLOR or only a SYMBOL are not drawn. So I
thought drawimageicon would draw these. But in fact, it draw nothing :
Not drawn :
    CLASS
      NAME "Zones d'occupation du sol"
      OUTLINECOLOR 200 200 200
    END
Not drawn :
    CLASS
      NAME "Pompiers"
      TEMPLATE "Queryable"
      SYMBOL "Intervs" # The symbol is ok, it was drawn in older versions !
    END
Drawn ! :
    CLASS
      NAME "Lignes Electriques"
      TEMPLATE "Queryable"
      COLOR 0 0 255
    END

Here is the code supposed do draw the icons
$lclass = $layertmp->getClass(0);
$lim = $lclass->createLegendIcon(16,16);
$lclass->drawLegendIcon(16,16,$lim,0,0);
$legendurl = $mapServerImagesUrl.($lim->saveWebImage(MS_GIF,1,1,0));
I checked : drawImageIcon returns MS_SUCCESS. So it should be ok ... but not
!

The worst is for now :
The marker symbol in my mapfile :
The problem is still there : When I zoom under minboxsize, the box should
transform into a marker. But that does not happen : mapserver keeps working
till the 30 sec time limit is reached. I noticed something else since my
last mail : the server memory (very) quickly overflows (ok I have only 128Mb
of RAM on my test server but it overflows anyway)
That's why I think the MARKER problem is different from the drawlegendicon
problem.

Just to thank you again : good work on bug 316 :p
It was very annoying ! Now it's ok ;)
And also thank you for letting users download win32 binaries by putting them
in the temp directory, it's very usefull for user like me who doesn't have
time to compile mapserver or mapscript (Setting up cygwin and learning the
code is quite a long task, and my placement is nearly finished)

Thanks thanks thanks again
Steph