[Mapserver-users] Problem with Itasca demo suite

Lin Jianfong ljfong at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 22 20:08:41 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have browsed over the mailing list archive and made the changes to
demo.map along with converting all the .GIF files to .PNG using gif2png
program.

However, now I got this error instead when trying to do "init" from
demo_init.html :

msLoadMap(): General error message. Undefined symbol "symbols/ctyhwy.png" in
class 0 of layer ctyrdln3_anno

which previously was "ctyhwy.gif".

I can verify that I installed GD with PNG support fully enabled and this is
an installation a FreeBSD 4.8 STABLE box.

Can anyone point me to as what is causing this problem ? When browsing the
archive, some people mentioned symbol.sym file or something like that but I
couldn't find this file in the download.