[Mapserver-users] Labeling polygon features 'without center'

Vinko Vrsalovic vinko at cprsig.cl
Mon Jul 28 14:25:11 EDT 2003

Hello,

	I'm adding polygon features (through $layer->addFeature()), and
	I'm setting the text attribute to the feature to label it. My
	problem occurs when there is no part of the polygon in the
	center of the bounding box, say a V or C shaped polygon, the
	label does not appear, when there is part of the polygon in the
	center of the bounding box it appears alright. I've tried setting the
	position attribute but it has no effect on features, it seems.

	Is there a way to work around this without having to create a
	'complete' layer?

	I'm using 3.7, though not the latest version. I wanted to check
	out what do you guys have to say before upgrading.

Thanks a lot,
--
Vinko Vrsalovic <el[|- at -|]vinko.cl>
http://www.cprsig.cl