[Mapserver-users] Re: php code inside a CGI mapserver application

pkishor_98 pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Thu Jul 31 15:13:16 EDT 2003

--- In mapserver-users at yahoogroups.com, "colombo.l" <colombo.l at e...>
wrote:
> hello,
>
>  i did a CGI-Mapserver application following some tutorials on the
site, all work great, I have some problems when I put php code inside
my template file.
> I use apache , php 4.3 (working as a cgi) and mapserver 3.6.
>
> If I define my template.php as my template (inside mapfile) I get
some errors (Malformed URL). So I added this line to http.conf:

> AddType application/x-httpd-php .html
>
> Now I can put php code inside html pages, but it didn't works with
mapserver !!

> I can't get php-code to be compiled, mapserver process the page but
apache+php didn't.

did someone answer this? As far as I can think... you can't really do
anything...

Apache can work with one server-side processor only... you either have
it work with Mapserver, or you have it work with PHP. Maybe there is a
way to make it work with both, but I can't think of any.

If you want to use PHP, why not ditch the Mapserver-as-a-CGI, and use
Mapserver-as-a-PHP module? Compile and install PHP/Mapscript, and then
use PHP to its fullest capability to do what you want to...