[Mapserver-users] python styleObj classObj colorObj question in 4.x

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Thu Jul 31 16:11:09 EDT 2003

Heitzso,

I'm going to insert my corrections into your code.

And first, don't use 'map' as name for a mapObj instance
because you may experience collision with the built-in
Python function of the same name!

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 01:42  PM, Heitzso wrote:

> (I'm working with cvs mapserver_dev from a couple
> weeks ago.  Let me know please if that's my problem.)
>
> Trying to create a layer to display in python mapscript.
> I have the code working great with existing layers from
> the map file.  But failing to draw layers created in
> code.  The map will draw (when I don't have the code
> buggered with experiments) but nothing shows.  I assumed
> I don't have the outline color set correctly.  The layer
> I'm building up is based on a layer that works when
> accessed from the mapfile.  Code snippet ...
>     map = mapObj(mapFilename)
>     img = map.prepareImage()
>     layer = layerObj(map)
>     layer.name = 'test'
>     layer.connection = "a postgis conn that works in mapfile"
>     layer.connectiontype = MS_POSTGIS
>     layer.data = "the_geom from counties"
>     layer.status = MS_ON
>     layer.type = MS_LAYER_POLYGON
>     c = classObj(layer)
>     c.name = "testclass"
>     style = styleObj(c)               <-- CRASH!!!!!!!!!
>     style.outlinecolor = setRGB(0,0,0)

do this instead of the previous two lines:

      c.styles.outlinecolor.red = 0
      c.styles.outlinecolor.green = 0
      c.styles.outlinecolor.blue = 0