[Mapserver-users] styleObj? member of classObj?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jun 2 21:22:25 EDT 2003

Styles exist within a class, so numbering is sequential but only within
a class. The first style in any class is 0, next is 1 and so on. In the
mapfile styles are defined in the order they are drawn. At this point
styles may not be shared...

Steve

>>> Gerald Buckmaster <gbuckmaster at cox.net> 05/31/03 8:19 PM >>>
Ok, that makes a bit more sense, but I guess it begs more questions from
me.

How do you know which styleObj is index 0?  Would that be the first
styleObj
created within a classObj, ie the first style within the class within a
layer
within the .map file?  And if that is so, if I create another styleObj
with a
different variable, does it start over at 0?

Gerald