Antwort: [Mapserver-users] Using NQuery with OGR MapInfo TAB file

Gunter.Rieth at stadt.mainz.de Gunter.Rieth at stadt.mainz.de
Thu Jun 5 02:45:07 EDT 2003

Hi James,
I'm working with MapInfo Files about a year. Please have a look to the
following URL:

http://online.mainz.de/map-cgi/363/mapserv.exe?map=d%3A/mapserver/html/a47/hbuch/html/hi_stplan.map&mode=itemnquery&qLayer=DB1450POLY&filteritem=Hausname&map_DB1450POLY_filter=/berg/

It is all in german, and the functions are working with some help of java
script.

Watch out for
Mode= ITEMNQUERY

with   QLAYER and FILTERITEM and FILTER
hope that helps a little.

Greetings from Germany

Gunter Rieth

Kommunale Datenzentrale Mainz
-Eigenbetrieb der Stadt Mainz-
Hechtsheimer Straße 35
55131 Mainz

Tel:  06131 - 12 - 3557
Fax:  06131 - 12 - 2267
eMail: mailto:Gunter.Rieth at stadt.mainz.de
Notesmail: Gunter Rieth/Dez1/Mainz
URL:http/www.mainz.de

"James Perrins" <JamesP at esdm.co.uk>
Gesendet von: mapserver-users-admin at lists.gis.umn.edu
04.06.2003 20:48
Bitte antworten zu
<JamesPerrins at esdm.co.uk>

An
<mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
Kopie

Thema
[Mapserver-users] Using NQuery with OGR MapInfo TAB file

Hi,

After much trial and error I have managed to get the IMGSHPAE command to
work with NQUERY

Previously I was trying to use a MapInfo TAB file ? which never seemed to
find any objects (although QUERY mode worked OK).  When I translated the
data layer (a layer of points) into a Shape file everything seemed to work
OK.

Is this a known limitation of MapServer ? i.e. not being able to do
spatial searches against a MapInfo layer ? or is it a bug .

Many Thanks
James