[Mapserver-users] Displaying point data from a text file

AMC Story s9646183 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 5 11:05:32 EDT 2003

Hi there,

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but I'm still very new to all
this :)

Is it possible to read in point data from a text file (i.e. a tab or comma
delimited file with x and y coordinates and some attributes) rather than a
shapefile?  I'd also like to be able to display the point symbols at a size
proportional to their "size" attribute, and be able to return info from this
file when a point is queried.

Does anyone know if this is possible?  Any comments/advice/examples gratefully
received!

Many thanks
Ali