[Mapserver-users] Displaying point data from a text file

Eric Bridger eric at gomoos.org
Thu Jun 5 11:42:59 EDT 2003

This is indeed possible, but you will need to use some version of mapscript. You could also use mapscript to create a shapefile from the point data text file.  There are some perl mapscript examples here:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PerlMapScriptExamples35

In particular see the mapquakes.pl example:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PerlMapScriptExamples35ex2

and
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PerlMapScriptExamples35ex14

Eric Bridger