[Mapserver-users] Spatial Joins

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Jun 10 15:01:51 EDT 2003

Just to add to Paul's note. With the MapServer CGI you can to feature
queries
which are done in two stages. With mapscript you can do n-stage queries
if
you had to albeit with multiple commands.

Steve

Wendy Roseberry wrote:
> Is it possible to do spatial joins between 2 or more data layers with

> mapserver?  Could someone provide an example?
>
> Thanks,
> Wendy Roseberry
> Software Developer
> www.accessArkansas.org <http://www.accessArkansas.org>

You will probably find spatial joins easier to execute in PostGIS than

in Mapserver. People mean different things somethings when they say
"spatial join". Sometimes they mean "two stage query": click select an

item in Layer A and then return all the items in Layer B which are
within distance Q. You could do that in Mapserver using Mapscript I
think. A general and complete spatial join you would want to use
something like PostGIS for.

P.

--
       __