[Mapserver-users] How to show a delay image during launch of the VM

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Tue Jun 10 17:27:11 EDT 2003

Roman -

The Java VM is loaded from the user's LOCAL machine, and has nothing to
do with the speed of their internet connection.  The delay is while your
APPLET is loaded, either locally or from your server.

You should make sure that (a) you don't have extra features in the
applet, so it's as small as possible and (b) tell your users that if
they're really loading the VM for that long, they need a faster computer
<g>.

I do not know of any way to display an alternate image while the applet
is loading, unfortunately.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: (978) 251-4242  Fax: (978) 251-1396
ed at topozone.com