[Mapserver-users] rasters with more then 256 colors with gdal

Stephan Holl sholl at gmx.net
Thu Jun 12 13:56:54 EDT 2003

--=.(/fj+THEg.4O?g

At Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:15:46 -0400 Ed McNierney wrote:

Hello Ed,

> Those look like two very different maps.  They don't appear to be the
> same location, and one of them is a point elevation image (DEM) and
> the other is a labeled vector contour map (I think).
no, those are the same, the one with the vector contours is only  zoomed
in, where contours appear at some stage of zooming.
anyway, in GRASS the DEM is displayed correct.
I exported the geotiff from the grass-database.

there must be something between grass and mapserver, perhaps something
with libgrass in gdal ?
thanks for your helping.
cheers
  Stephan