[Mapserver-users] rasters with more then 256 colors with gdal

Stephan Holl sholl at gmx.net
Thu Jun 12 14:41:01 EDT 2003

--=.ag9OYkb)gDvaZR

At Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:30:29 -0700 Matt Doggett wrote:

Hello Matt, Ed

> I've had this happen before.  In my case it was the processing
> directive actually worked but the reclassified values in the DEM were
> all on the"small" end of the spectrum, since I didn't have any color
> classifications defined, they rendered black, or very nearly black.
> The default colorscale is a black-white (greyshade) where black is
> zero (or in the case of processing directive the smallest number) and
> white is 255 (or the largest).
thank you for your help.
I think my problem is exacly the same what Matt described above.
btw, do you know ho to make the colortables available again. I had that
working with some rasters, but newly calculated rasters do show up (if
the have less 255 cats..)  in greyscale ?

> I actually gave up trying to get the processing directive to work and
> used grass to reclassify my rasters into something less than 256
> categories. Mapserver has no problems rendering those rasters.  It
> sure would be nice to know if they had plans to fix it so that it will
> work with rasters >256 cats....what a pain! :{
I second that!
Now I know for the next time.... and have to reclassify my rasters.

And I would really like to have a kind of raster-query which is not
present at the moment....

cheers
  Stephan

--