[Mapserver-users] Running Mapserver Demo

Eric Bridger eric at gomoos.org
Fri Jun 13 09:33:50 EDT 2003

Mike,
Most likely your version of GD does not support gifs.

1) map sure you have a subdir (relative to your mapfile location) with
the gif in it: symbol/ctyhwy.gif
2) Use imagemagik's convert to convert it to a png. $convert ctyhwy.gif
ctyhwy.png
3) Edit the demo.map file where it says:
 SYMBOL 'symbols/ctyhwy.gif' to
 SYMBOL 'symbols/ctyhwy.png'

HTH.
Eric