[Mapserver-users] Running Mapserver Demo

Michael Cunningham mjc1 at soc.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jun 13 12:58:05 EDT 2003

Hi,

Could someone please help me with getting the "mapserver" up and running.

I am running Mandrake Linux 9.1.

I've configured and installed mapserver, and copied to the cgi-bin.  When I
attempt to run the mapserver demo (itasca), the browser comes up with the
page, but as soon as I click the "Initialize" button I get the following
errors:

msLoadMap(): General error message. Undefined overlay symbol
"symbols/ctyhwy.gif" in class 0, style 0 of layer ctyrdln3_anno.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mike