[Mapserver-users] map of mapserver users and providers

Tom.Kralidis at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Tom.Kralidis at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Jun 16 21:38:49 EDT 2003

I support the WMS / WFS publishing, because it will enable any WMS/WFS
client to connect and construct a map or fetch features.

> My intention will be to use our geocoder from TrafficDodger
> to provide
> the answer to "where is my nearest 'n' developers?".  The user input
> will be derived from either a map click or a text field.
>
> The form fields I am considering are:
> Name
> Affiliation
> Location	(lat,lon)
> URL
> Summary		(small html paragraph to describe
> projects or services)

Sounds like a plan.  How about something like:

CREATE TABLE ms_users (
  firstname    CHAR(50),
  lastname     CHAR(50),
  usertype     ENUM('user','professional services'),
  organization VARCHAR(100),
  acronym      CHAR(8),
  x            NUMBER(5,10),
  y            NUMBER(5,10),