[mapserver-users] problem with tiled ECW layer

bartvde at xs4all.nl bartvde at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 18 11:44:25 EDT 2003

Hi list,

I have a problem with a tiled ECW layer. I have created it using
gdaltindex (default option so column name is location). It consists of 5
tiles, so 5 ECW images. I looked at the shapefile and it looks fine. Does
it try to find the ecw files relative to the shapefile (the ECW files are
also in the E:\bart\ecw\ directory)?

When I try to view the 5 ECW images as separate layers, it goes okay, but
with the tile layer I get an empty, white image. There is also an error in
the Apache error log:

[Wed Jun 18 17:37:29 2003] [error] [client 192.168.25.3] ERROR 1: ECW error

Does anybody know what the problem is?

This is my tiled layer in the mapfile:

LAYER
      NAME "layer_1"
      TILEINDEX "E:\bart\ecw\geostreets.shp"
      TILEITEM "location"
      #DATA "E:\klicnet\data\webstreets\Gstreets_2003\ecw\level1.ecw"
      TYPE RASTER
      MINSCALE 0
      MAXSCALE 12000
      STATUS ON