[Mapserver-users] ArcIMS vs MapServer Functionality - WMS extensions

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Fri Jun 20 02:39:33 EDT 2003

Dear Brock,

there are two extensions to ArcMap which allow to add WMS services:

SICAD
in german:
http://www.sicad.de/pages/produkte/technologie/sicad_extensions/sicad_wms_extension.html

in english:
http://www.sicad.com/pages/products/technology/sicad_extensions/sicad_wms_extension.html

or
con terra
http://www.conterra.de/ >> Information/Service/ >> Downloads >> WMS
Extension (german only)

For both a registration is required, but the software is free. Choose
the one from SICAD, because the conterra tool only is a kind of "demo",
developed to show, that it is POSSIBLE to load WMS services into ArcMap.
You only may load one WMS layer at the same time into ArcMap....

Has anyone an idea about a tool for loading WMS services into ArcView 3.x?

Cheers,
Till

--

***** Treffen Sie uns auf der AGIT in Salzburg vom 2. bis 4. Juli 2003,
Stand 35 *****

-----

Dipl. Geogr. Till Adams
terrestris, Paulsen&Adams GbR
Siemensstr. 8 * 53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228 962 899 52 * Fax.: 0228 962 899 57
info at terrestris.de * www.terrestris.de