[Mapserver-users] Projection library error

Michael Cunningham mjc1 at soc.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jun 20 05:57:56 EDT 2003

Would be grateful for any help on this one. Have recently installed mapserver,
and it's running fine.  However I'm currently working through the on-line
tutorials and have become stuck on projections.

When I run the s3ex4 example, which has the following in the map file:

  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4269"
  END

it gives the following error:

msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no system list, errno: 2

When I run:
% mapserv -v
MapServer version 3.6.5 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

it shows PROJ.4 is supported.

I've set the PROJ_LIB variable to point at "/usr/local/share/proj"  but still
no joy.

I'm running Mandrake Linux9.1, and have the variable set in my .cshrc (running
tcsh).

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mike