[Mapserver-users] mapserv doesn't work

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Fri Jun 20 11:16:52 EDT 2003

Chen,

it is very strange that from the commandline mapserv works, but not from your
browser. Your server should simply start mapserv and stream the output to
your browser... Are you sure that you have the right mapserv executable in
the right cgi-bin directory (sorry for the obvious question, don't mean to
offend... :-)) ? But you won't be the first one to copy your new mapserv in
an old cgi-bin dir that is not used anymore... (did it once myself).
Try using not only localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv, but add the values you added as
querystring at the commandline (http:/localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv
map=/../../map.map&mode=map
What do you get then?
BTW you don't need php to use mapserver, I was wrong in assuming that you used
php... Mapserver as cgi is just as powerfull as the php/mapscript version, I
think. At least powerfull enough for this debugging.

Good luck!
Vincent.