[Mapserver-users] my compliments to the MUM organizers

pkishor_98 pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Sun Jun 22 13:45:31 EDT 2003

A very belated but well deserved compliments to Tom, Kari, and all the other unsung
heroes of MUM... you know, the ones who didn't give speeches (not you Tom) but
spent time lugging the hotdog buns and bottles of mustard to the hungry hordes, sat
at registration desks, answered stupid t-shirt questions, and directed the hassled to
the restrooms. And to Steve Lime and the crazy, generous Canadians and the others
around the US and the world who programmed, debugged, CVS-ed, first coded and
then explained the cryptic error messages, and then held the hands of the tentative
newbies on the list so that they may come to believe. And to Raju for tending to the
list server. And to all others who were there, and the luckless sods who weren't...
thanks.

I've been on the road for the past two weeks, but have been spreading the Mapserver
gospel in the nation's capitol... hopefully some will see the light.

See you all in Ottawa next year (but only if it is held around the time of the Montreal
Jazz Fest).