[Mapserver-users] mapserv doesn't work

=?gb2312?q?Chen=20Fu?= novalet at yahoo.com.cn
Tue Jun 24 03:10:52 EDT 2003

Paul:
You are right. The problem is the path of
/usr/local/lib isn't in /etc/ld.so.conf. After i
correct it, mapserv work now. But still a little
trouble.
It didn't generated any image at all. I change
map_web_imagepath to many directory, but just can't
find any image at there. But if i try the itasca
advance demo -- the one with "mode=map", it work nice.
But in this advance demo, query file still need to be
written when we do a query of object on map. So the
query will be failed for mapserv didn't generate the
query file.
Any config should i do to correct it?
 --- Paul Spencer <pagameba at magma.ca> µÄÕýÎÄ£º> Is it
possible that the webserver runs as a
> different user and so
> doesn't have the same environment?  I would try
> switching to the user
> that the webserver runs as and check that ldd
> mapserv can correctly
> resolve the paths to the various libaries.
>
> I know that in RedHat systems, the path to
> /usr/local/lib is not in
> /etc/ld.so.conf and most of the supporting libraries
> install to
> /usr/local, so you need to add /usr/local/lib to
> /etc/ld.so.conf and
> re-run /sbin/ldconfig (as root).  Is it possible
> that you define the
> library path in your .bashrc or .bash_profile using
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
> This would explain the discrepancy I think.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul

=====
Remote Scensing Satellite Ground Station
Chinese Academy of Science