[Mapserver-users] mapserver crashes at a png file

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Tue Jun 24 11:36:51 EDT 2003

Carsten,

first about the output: that is not only the png image, but also the headers
as a browser would expect them. You cannot save the output as a png file. But
you can issue the same command in your browser by typing (in the adress field
of the browser):
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/bla/bla/map.map&mode=map
Then you should see the generated png image.

About your png error: have you tried to open the png layer file with an image
viewer? Just to be sure that the png file is not corrupt...
If you can view the file, you could convert it to tiff and check if mapserver
can display it if you define your layer to have the tiff file as input. This
would track the problem down to png reading (e.g. libgd or libgdal or
libpng).

Btw, after running in gdb and the segfault, did you type 'backtrace'? This
gives us some more hints to where the crash appeared.

Cheers,
Vincent.