[Mapserver-users] mapserver crashes at a png file

Carsten Busch carsten.busch at uni-jena.de
Wed Jun 25 12:53:11 EDT 2003

Hello Vincent,
thank you for your answer.

Vincent Schut wrote:
> Carsten,
>
> first about the output: that is not only the png image, but also the headers
> as a browser would expect them. You cannot save the output as a png file. But
> you can issue the same command in your browser by typing (in the adress field
> of the browser):
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/bla/bla/map.map&mode=map
> Then you should see the generated png image.
Please again, where do I define the selected layers?
Does it mean, that all possible layers of the map file are selected?

> About your png error: have you tried to open the png layer file with an image
> viewer? Just to be sure that the png file is not corrupt...
It is not corrupt.
> If you can view the file, you could convert it to tiff and check if mapserver
> can display it if you define your layer to have the tiff file as input. This
> would track the problem down to png reading (e.g. libgd or libgdal or
> libpng).
Ok, if I use a tiff, mapserver works. So, I could convert all raster
Layer in the tiff format, but it will work only with grayscale raster data.

> Btw, after running in gdb and the segfault, did you type 'backtrace'? This
> gives us some more hints to where the crash appeared.
0x08072d72 in drawPNG ()
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x08072d72 in drawPNG ()
#1  0x0807488e in msDrawRasterLayer ()
#2  0x080645bb in msDrawLayer ()
#3  0x08061131 in msDrawMap ()
#4  0x080556c4 in msGenerateImages ()
#5  0x0804ea7b in main ()
#6  0x402927f7 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/i686/libc.so.6
(gdb)

Thank you for your help.

--

Carsten