[Mapserver-users] newbie: ... Undefined symbol "symbols/ctyhwy.gif"

shamblin at mail.nsuok.edu shamblin at mail.nsuok.edu
Tue Jun 24 12:15:44 EDT 2003

I downloaded, configured, compiled, tested, installed, tested, MapServe
3.6.
When I run with the accompanying demo, I get the error
    msLoadMap(): General error message. Undefine symbol
"symbols/ctyhwy.gif" in class 0 of layer ctyrdln3_anno.

I have the symbols subdirectory containing ctyhwy.gif in the itasca
directory.  If I comment out the reference to it in the map file, I get
the same error at the next reference to symbols/??????.gif.

To the best of my knowledge I have followed the instructions and tested
(successfully) at the appropriate steps.  If I browse to
http://..../itasca/demo_init.html, I get the MapServer Demo Interface
and when I click on Initialize I get the above error.

Thank You

Gordon