[Mapserver-users] deleting shapeObj mapscript

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Jun 25 11:54:19 EDT 2003

To the best of my knowledge that's the way to do it. Shapefiles are not
condusive to editing and no work to setup anything more than straight
access has been done. To do it right we'd probably have to some sort of
a staging environment where edits would be stored until saved and at
that time a new shapefile would have to be written. However, in the end
a new file would still have to be created.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Christina Biakowski (CCGIS)" <christina.biakowski at ccgis.de>
06/25/03 07:03AM >>>
Hello,

I wonder if there is a possibility to delete a ShapeObj from a
shapefileObj
with php-mapscript. Searching the mailing-list archive I only found a
mail
saying that it isn't - as a solution it was suggested to write an new
Shapefile skipping the shapeObjs, that should be deleted. Since the
mail was
from October 2002 perhaps something has changed and a new function has
been
created??

Regards,
Christina