[Mapserver-users] php_mapscript.so loading problem

Rodolfo Federico Gamarra rgamarra at dc.uba.ar
Thu Jun 26 10:26:14 EDT 2003

Hi,
I've trying to install php_mapscript. I've followed the standard procedure
of making the file and then copying it to the directory where php looks
for extensions (set in php.ini).
Then to see if everything went right I made a ".php" where I load (or, at
least, try to :-)) the ".so" with dl and se call phpinfo(). In the info
shown by phpinfo there's no sign of mapscript. Then to make more checks I
added an if to capture de return value of dl and also used
extension_loaded after dl to see if it's loaded. Well, the result of both
functions says it isn't loaded the ".so". I also loaded the file
"/mapscript/php3/example/test_draw_map.phtml", all I see is a grey page
with the title "PHP/MapScrpt module test", without a map.
I'm running RedHat 8, with:
Apache - httpd-2.0.45
Mapserver - mapserver-3.6.5
Php - php-4.3.1