[Mapserver-users] JavaScript vs MapScript for interface devel opment...

Tom.Kralidis at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Tom.Kralidis at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Jun 26 11:58:51 EDT 2003

Scripting client side gives a more interactive experience to the user, and
can create some neat apps, as shown in the MapServer user's gallery.  This
also creates less load on the server.

However, by scripting client side, you are taking on the burden of coding
against multiple web browser clients, especially for advanced DHTML type
features.

I'm sure others on this list can talk to this better, but these are my
general experiences.

..Tom

Tom Kralidis
Systems Scientist