[Mapserver-users] ArcIMS vs MapServer Functionality

Lowther, David W dlowther at ou.edu
Thu Jun 26 12:08:20 EDT 2003

Mark,

Our decision was to go with javascript on the client side. We thought that
we would save the mapscript for things that couldn't be done with straight
CGI mapserver. You can see our interface at
http://geo.ou.edu/okstatedemo.htm.

This does raise a question from my standpoint though:

Are there performance benefits to using either the CGI or Mapscript?

David Lowther
Software Engineer
GEO Information Systems
University of Oklahoma