[Mapserver-users] php_mapscript.so loading problem

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Mon Jun 30 06:21:32 EDT 2003

Rudolfo,

(please reply also to the list 'cause others might either learn from our
discussion or have more knowledge than I have :))

It appears that your php_mapscript.so links to a libgd that it (or the dynamic
linker) cannot find.
What does 'ldd php_mapscript.so' give you as output? Probably a libgd that
cannot be found...
Is the installation path of your libgd (probably /usr/local/lib) in your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, or in your /etc/ld.so.conf? It should
be, otherwise the dynamic linker will not be able to find it if mapserver
requires it.
If it is, did you run 'ldconfig' (as root) after installing libgd?

Cheers,
Vincent.