[Mapserver-users] Error when using labels TYPE=truetype

Thorsten Fischer thfischer at mapmedia.de
Fri May 2 12:09:38 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 11:16, Björn Platzen wrote:

> When using TYPE=truetype on labels I get the following error:
> msGetLabelSize(): TrueType Font error. Could not find/open font
>
> I have dfined the alias in my font.list and the ttf-file is available in
> the same directory. chmod'ing the ttf-files to 755 did have no effect.

This can happen for several reasons. The most common one for me is that
your GD library was not linked against the same version of FreeType as
your mapserver binary. Since your are using SuSE, it's quite likely that
you have more than one version installed. Use the 'ldd' command to find
out about the libraries your programs are linked against.

chmod 755 is a bit too much btw, that makes your font files executable
:) 644 should do fine.

hth,

thorsten