[Mapserver-users] rojection library error. no system list, errno: 2

Benjamin Thelen benjamin.thelen at ccgis.de
Mon May 5 11:57:20 EDT 2003

Hi everybody,

after days of work, umn-mapserver is nearly running on my FreeBSD 4.7
System. I think I'll post what was neccessary to have umn-mapserver running
on FreeBSD. Maybe that is something for a FAQ or even the manual.

But there are finally two problems. One is still the pdf-lib and the other
one is here:

http://servername/cgi-bin/mapserv?wmtver=1.0.0&map=/home/umn/test1.map&reque
st=capabilities

responds the following:

- <HTML>
- <HEAD>
  <TITLE>MapServer Message</TITLE>
  </HEAD>
- <!--  MapServer version 3.6.5 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
  -->
  <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">msProcessProjection(): Projection library error.
no system list, errno: 2</BODY>
  </HTML>

./configure was successful, even with proj4. If needed I'll provide the
options and output as well as the output of make of course.

Anybody an idea? Where can this system list be found? What's its name? Can I
somehow check the installation of proj4?

I have installed

FreeBSD 4.7

out of the ports-collection
apache 1.3.27