[Mapserver-users] Oracle spatial

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 6 15:20:46 EDT 2003

Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have a question about the Oracle Spatial support in mapserver.
>
> There used to be (or still is) a C source file for Oracle support. But
> now OGR is completely integrated with mapserver, is the Oracle Spatial
> support from OGR used instead?

Bart,

"Normal" Oracle Spatial support in MapServer is still the built-in support
implemented in maporaclespatial.cpp.  Which you use depends on how you
build mapserver, and OGR, and what you use in your mapfile.  To use OGR
based oracle spatial support you would need to use a CONNECTIONTYPE of OGR.

Best regards,