[Mapserver-users] rojection library error. no system list, errno: 2

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu May 8 12:51:38 EDT 2003

Benjamin Thelen wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> thanks to you. Sorry for that long mail again, I am still stuck and could
> not find any more helpful information in the mailing list archives or at
> MapServerWiki.
>
> shp2img responds the same error message!!

> --------------------
> root at qwertzuiop# /usr/home/src/mapserver-3.6.5/shp2img -m
> /usr/home/umn/test1.map -o /tmp/test
> pj_open_lib(proj_def.dat): call fopen(/usr/local/share/proj/proj_def.dat).
> pj_open_lib(EPSG): call fopen(/usr/local/share/proj/EPSG).
> msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no system list, errno: 2
> --------------------

Benjamin,

The thing that sticks out above is that the system is trying to open
is "EPSG" not "epsg".  That is, uppercase instead of lower case.

As a first test, try copying /usr/local/share/proj/epsg to
/usr/local/share/proj/EPSG and see if that helps.   If so, we still
should figure out where the wrong case is coming from.

 > PROJECTION
 > "init=EPSG:31493"
 > END

Well, that's it.  You should use "init=epsg:31493".

The no system error list just means that as built PROJ.4 doesn't know how
to translate error "2" into the "file not found" message that corresponds
to it.

Best regards,