[Mapserver-users] ANN: MapServer and Label-EZ

Prashant Prashant
Wed May 14 16:52:09 EDT 2003

------=_NextPart_000_00AB_01C31A39.28E3ED70

Hello Friends,

We are glad to announce that we have successfully integrated our high =
quality text placement engine (Label-EZ) with MapServer. The user =
community of MapServer can deploy this package to achieve high quality =
text placement on their websites. Users will be able to configure text =
symbolization and placement rules based on layer or feature classes =
within a layer. The users can request text placement by selecting a =
series of steps from a wide range of available options such as stacking, =
font reduction, leadering, keynumbering, hyphenation, etc. The results =
are of the highest cartographic quality and high success rate. The text =
for linear features can be placed following the feature shapes, or users =
can request route shield placement too. We will soon be providing a =
website demonstrating the power of the combined package of MapServer and =
Label-EZ.

About Us
MapText is the leading text-placement solutions provider for local, =
state, and national government mapping agencies worldwide. Its software =
places text automatically for virtually any kind of map or chart - to =
high cartographic standards and at incredible speed. The software is in =
use for making city street maps, highway maps, cadastral maps, soil =
maps, utility maps, as well as nautical and aeronautical charts. For =
more information, visit www.maptext.com or contact us at =
support at maptext.com

------=_NextPart_000_00AB_01C31A39.28E3ED70

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello Friends,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We&nbsp;are =
glad to=20
announce that we have successfully integrated our high quality text =
placement=20
engine (Label-EZ) with MapServer. The user community&nbsp;of MapServer =
can=20
deploy this package to achieve high quality text placement on their =
websites.=20
Users will be able to configure text symbolization and placement rules =
based=20
on&nbsp;layer or&nbsp;feature classes within a layer.&nbsp;The users can =
request=20
text placement&nbsp;by selecting a series of steps from a wide range of=20
available options such as&nbsp;stacking, font reduction, leadering,=20
keynumbering, hyphenation, etc. The results are of the highest=20
cartographic&nbsp;quality&nbsp;and high success rate. The text for =
linear=20
features can be placed&nbsp;following the feature shapes, or users can =
request=20
route shield placement too. We will soon be providing a&nbsp;website=20
demonstrating the power of the combined package of MapServer and=20
Label-EZ.</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2><STRONG><U>About=20
Us</U></STRONG></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>MapText is =
the leading=20
text-placement solutions provider for local, state, and national =
government=20
mapping agencies worldwide. Its software places text automatically for =
virtually=20
any kind of map or chart =96 to high cartographic standards and at =
incredible=20
speed. The software is in use for making city street maps, highway maps, =

cadastral maps, soil maps, utility maps, as well as nautical and =
aeronautical=20
charts. For more information, visit <A=20
href=3D"http://www.maptext.com">www.maptext.com</A>&nbsp;or contact us =
at <A=20
href=3D"mailto:support at maptext.com">support at maptext.com</A></FONT></DIV><=
/FONT></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>