[Mapserver-users] Truetype fonts and Mapscript

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue May 20 07:25:11 EDT 2003

Achim Später wrote:

> On Linux we have a strange behaviour. When we access any truetype font
> for annotation this leads to an internal server error with Apache.
>
> Using truetype annotations inside a simple interface that does not
> use Mapscript works fine.
>
> What could be the reason?

Did you check the Apache error_log?  Do you see any error message
explaining the internal server error?

Does the same mapfile work and the truetype fonts display with the
mapserv CGI with a URL like:
  http://yourhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?mode=map&layers=...

If the above doesn't work then the problem is likely in your MapServer
build, possibly in the way your GD/Freetype were built.  Make sure you
don't have multiple versions of GD/Freetype on your system.

If the above did work then your MapServer is fine.  The problem may be
that your PHP was compiled with GD/Freetype as well and that the version
of GD/Freetype used by PHP is different from the one used by MapScript.
So if your PHP has GD built in then make sure it's using the exact same
version as MapScript.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca