[Mapserver-users] Streets text labels: automatic text orientation?

Pedro Salazar pedro-b-salazar at ptinovacao.pt
Fri May 30 13:46:31 EDT 2003

Hi,

I follow your indications and I'm getting this error:

msGetLabelSize(): TrueType Font error. Could not find/open font

I'm using mapserver on linux with support for TTF.I downloaded a exe
with fonts which I extracted with the tool 'cabextract'.

I have the following lines on my map configuration:

FONTSET "fonts/fonts.list"
LAYER
NAME vias_text
LABELITEM "NOME"
CLASSITEM "CATEGORIA"
TYPE LINE
DATA vias
LABELCACHE ON
STATUS DEFAULT
    CLASS
        OUTLINECOLOR 128 128 128
        COLOR 0 0 0
        LABEL
            COLOR 0 0 0
            POSITION AUTO
            ANGLE AUTO
            ANTIALIAS TRUE
            PARTIALS TRUE
            MINDISTANCE 100
            MINFEATURESIZE AUTO
            TYPE TRUETYPE
            FONT "arial"
            MINSIZE 8
            MAXSIZE 12
            POSITION cc

        END
    END
END

I have my fonts on that directory ("fonts/fonts.list") and my fonts.list
is:
arial           Arial.TTF
arialbd         Arialbd.TTF
arialbi         Arialbi.TTF