[Mapserver-users] getFeatureInfo on dynamic layer - emptyexception

Frieso ter Haseborg ter-haseborg at sf-datentechnik.de
Mon Nov 3 11:23:02 EST 2003

Hi Debbie,

thanks for your response.

>[...]
>I wonder if you have a problem because you have named your layer
>"wms" and maybe this is a reserved word.  Try naming your layer
>something else?
Looks like the layer-name is not cause of the problem, with a more
qualified term or simply any other "non-reserved-word"-name it doesn't
work either.

>[...]
>another thing I see is that you are requesting a WMS layer, but you
>have specified TYPE POLYGON in your mapfile Layer section.
>It should be TYPE RASTER.
Whoops! Sorry, these are remains of my desperate trials to isolate the
problem. I had the idea that perhaps getFeatureInfo-requests would only
be executed on non-raster layers. But there's no difference in this
special problem when changing the layer-type: in both cases the php
simply isn't called at all.

TIA,
Frieso