[Mapserver-users] no variable substitution with special characters?

Frieso ter Haseborg ter-haseborg at sf-datentechnik.de
Tue Nov 4 06:46:53 EST 2003

Hi,

can anybody confirm this problem? Before filing this as a bug, I would
like to isolate it. I'm not sure if this is a true Mapserver-problem or
rather a wrong configuration on the webserver.

A call like
http://my.ip/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=../htdocs/kmvims/test.map&version=1
.1.0&request=getMap&uid=%7F
works, but a call like
http://my.ip/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=../htdocs/kmvims/test.map&version=1
.1.0&request=getMap&uid=%80
failes. The only difference is the given value for uid.

On a normal php-call I experience no problems when using
special-characters witch ascii-values beyond 127. But when using values
beyond ascii127 in mapserver-calls, MS refuses to execute the php.

TIA,
Frieso