[Mapserver-users] SYMBOL definitions inside MAP file ?

Lars V. Nielsen LVN at hvm.dk
Tue Nov 4 09:40:58 EST 2003

Hello Till,

Ah, I was looking for a general answer, hence the missing code.

I managed to find the error - it wasn't the MAP file. The symbol files
referenced by the SYMBOLSET file was a correct (and different) set, which
off course worked.

Somehow all the referenced pixmap symbol files had ended up being invalid (0
bytes), which off course should provoke an error. When I solved that
problem, it all fell into place. One can indeed include symbol definitions
in the map file, and reference them by relative paths (wrt. the map file),
e.g.  IMAGE "./mySYM.gif"

Sorry about the fuss.

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Lars V. Nielsen