[Mapserver-users] SYMBOL definitions inside MAP file ?

Lars V. Nielsen LVN at hvm.dk
Tue Nov 4 06:22:04 EST 2003

Hello List,

I'm attempting to generate and use a MAP file with embedded SYMBOL
definitions.

I can't seem to make it work, it errs with a "Warning: [MapServer Error]:
loadSymbol(): ..." regardless of where I put the definitions wrt. their
usage (before/after). It only works when I put them in a seperate file
(using SYMBOLSET).

According to the docs it ought to be possible. Can anyone shed some light on
this ?

I'm using PIXMAP's that are located in the same dir as the MAP file, and
using "./mypic.gif" as a reference to them. Is a full path reference needed
?

Using Mapserver 4.0 on Win2000.

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Lars V. Nielsen