[Mapserver-users] How to empty the TMP directory

Heitzso heitzso at growthmodels.com
Tue Nov 4 16:07:42 EST 2003

There's probably a dozen ways of solving this problem.

On my end I have a cron job that runs every hour and deletes the files
that are more than X hours old.  (*nix land).

You could do the same in Windows but there's a bug in the scheduler code
and if a
task takes too little time the thread handling tangles and the scheduler
locks up.
The trick there is to use some sort of sleep/pause command in the batch
file run
by the scheduler.  This gets around the Microsoft buggy code by taking
up some time
while the scheduler sorts out its threads.

Back to *nix side of things, the crontab entry something like:
5 * * * * find /var/httpd/html/whatever/tmp -name '*.png' -ctime +240
-exec rm {} \;
modified accordingly for your system.