[Mapserver-users] ogr problem + stdio problem

Andre Seifert ASeifert at schwerin.de
Fri Nov 7 05:13:15 EST 2003

Hi folks,
i have two questions.

Mapserver 4.0
./configure --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-ogr ....
       configure: error: couldn't find gdal-configconfigure: error:
./configure --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-ogr=/usr/local ....
       !!! Could not find ogr_feature.h, ogrsf_fmrts.h, cpl_conv.h,          !!!
       !!! ogr.a, ogrsf_frmts.a, or cpl.a in /usr/local .
       !!! Either this is not the location of a recent GDAL/OGR source tree, !!!
       !!! or OGR has not been compiled yet. Please make sure you compile    !!!
       !!! OGR before calling configure.                                     !!!
./configure --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config --with-ogr=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config ....
First it looks like it works, but in configure-messages appears:
       checking whether we should include OGR support...
       checking for OGRRegisterAll in -lgdal.1.1... (cached) no
       configure: warning:         OGR not found in system libs... use --with-ogr=DIR.
I have no idea, what I must do, that OGR will be found.
GDAL with OGR are correct installed. I think.
Has anybody an idea?

Mapserver 4.0
If I ignore the OGR problem and try to make, then the following error message appears:
cc-1005 cc: ERROR File = map.h, Line = 9
  The source file "stdio.h" is unavailable.
  #include <stdio.h>
                    ^
1 catastrophic error detected in the compilation of "maptemplate.c".
Compilation terminated.
I'm not familiar with gmake. I don't know where I can found the cause.
What must I do in this case?
Please do not answer "Read your gmake-book!"
:)
Andre from germany
(I apologize for my lousy English.)

Mail scanned by virusscanner, Patternfile from 03 Nov 2003