[Mapserver-users] SDE support in mapscript

Dylan Rawlins dylan at brc21.co.za
Mon Nov 10 03:50:59 EST 2003

Hi. I am trying to connect to SDE but get the following error

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in etc etc.

My mapfile is as follows for the sde layer ...

LAYER
  NAME Wards
  METADATA
    DESCRIPTION   "Wards"
  END
  TYPE Polygon
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTION "ELC_GIS1,Port:5151,health,sde,sdepswrd"
  CONNECTIONTYPE sde
  DATA "sde.sde.wards, SHAPE"
END

I have tried the connection with and without the "\\" denoting the server
address.

The connection properties for the server in ArcCatalog are as follows:

Server: elc-gis1
Service: Port:5151 (or esri_sde)
Database: sde
Username: sde
Password: sdepswrd

I don't know if sde support came with the windows binary I am using but I
can't find anything regarding windows binaries with sde support on the
forum. The Mapserver portion of my phpinfo() output is ...

MapScript Version ($Revision: 1.104.2.1 $ $Date: 2002/06/03 14:19:53 $)
MapServer version 3.6.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Dylan