[Mapserver-users] makeref.pl

Rick Buckley rickb at genaware.com
Tue Nov 11 09:27:07 EST 2003

Hi,

Having recently downloaded MapServer,  I am a bit of a novice, so please
bear with me.

I have successfully set up the itacsa demo application, ( which is very
useful ).

All is fine except that when I try and use the makeref.pl script, I get
allsorts of errors, many of which I have worked round ( hopefully
successfully ).

The error I am now having trouble with is:-

Can't modify constant item in local at makeref.pl line 47, near
"mapscript::MS_PNG="

Line 47 of the file looks like

#Usage: msSaveImage(img,filename,type,transparent,interlace,quality)
mapscript::msSaveImage($img, 'reference.png', mapscript::MS_PNG=PNG, 1, 1);

I suspect I map have the "type" syntax incorrect, however, this is as
the syntax appears in the doccumentation.

I have tried various different syntaxs on this line, but cannot get
through the problem.

My environemnt of use is:-

RedHat Linux 8.0

Could anyone offer any advise please.