[Mapserver-users] MapServer 4 Compile Error on RedHat 7.3

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Tue Nov 11 09:41:14 EST 2003

On 2003.11.11 15:18, Dirk Geschwandtner wrote:
> Hello Vincent,
> thanks for your answer.
>
> At 14:04 11.11.2003, you wrote:
>> the missing references should be in the OGR lib which in turn should
>> be
>> in GDAL. Some things to consider:
>> - when you compiled gdal, did you disable OGR? If so, recompile GDAL
>> without the '--without-ogr' switch.
>
> OGR is enabled (at least gdal-config --ogr-enabled says so ...)
>
>> - after (re)compiling gdal, did you run /sbin/ldconfig (as root) to
>> update the linker cache, before compiling mapserver?
>
> yes
>
>> - Is your version of GDAL the most recent one? If not, try to update
>> it
>> and then recompile mapserver.
>
> I used 1.1.9, now I checked out the cvs version but still nothing
> changes...
>
> Any other ideas??

You might accidentally have 2 versions of gdal on your system? Try
"ldconfig -p | grep gdal". The output should be something like:

libgdal.1.1.so (libc6) => /usr/local/lib/libgdal.1.1.so
libgdal.so.1 (libc6) => /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so.1
libgdal.so (libc6) => /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so

If there are gdal files in /usr/lib, then delete those (and the gdal
include files in /usr/include) and rerun ldconfig.