[Mapserver-users] Retrieving informations from created swf files...

BAUD remi remi.baud at eivd.ch
Wed Nov 12 03:20:56 EST 2003

	Hi the list,

	I've seen that when mapserver output files in SWF files (Output multiple), this is possible to retrieve informations about that layers: When you "mouse-over" a feature, this last is highlighted, and an Action_Script is made (_root.ElementSelected). Assefa wrote that it's possible to use it to define which layer, shape was clicked and then it's possible to retrieve some attributes.

	If I want to do that, should I create a new .fla document and the use actionscript to load the mapserver's outputed swf files?
	I'm really not sure about how to define this ElementSelected function.

	Don't you have a hint or a little sample about how to do that because it's quite hard to begin..

	Cheers