[Mapserver-users] truetype support on gd

Yvain Ballini yvain.ballini at seat.it
Thu Nov 13 08:24:22 EST 2003

Hello List,

I would like to know if there is some fix to problem that many users have
met with the truetype font. I have compiled the work on XP with Visual C 7
using
mapserver 4.0
GD 2.0.15
FreeType 2.2.5
and at the execution I get the following error:
msGetLabelSize(): TrueType Font error. libgd was not built with FreeType
font support because mapserver is looking for the truetype font in gd.lib
while it should do it directly in freetype.lib (which was obtained  with the
workspace freetype.dsp). Has someone a version of gd which includes directly
the truetype support for Windows?
Thank you very much.
Yvain..