[Mapserver-users] UTM and 10TM

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Nov 13 14:47:42 EST 2003

Chris Storozuk wrote:

> Dear Western Canada users,
>
> My application spans 2 provinces, Alberta and BC. Our data for Alberta
> is in 10TM, which is a custom projection to cover all of the province,
> and for BC it is in UTM.
>
> When a user looks at a border area, how can I display data from both
> datasets at the same time, or can I? Would this require using projection
> items, and then trying to project one to the other?

Yes, you will declare a projection under the MAP object, and that will
be the output projection. THen you'll define a projection for each
layer, and those will be the input projections of the data being read.
Mapserver will convert the incoming data to the output projection, then
render the output image, so the data will end up nicely integrated.

Paul

--
       __
      /