[Mapserver-users] Re: PHP MapScript

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Nov 18 08:37:02 EST 2003

Fraser MacLeod wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I have been browsing your website and note that you have a download
> version of the latest PHP MapScript dll. Do you have a version of
> php_mapscript.so available for download?
>
> The reason I ask is that I have tried everything to get my version
> running, (MapServer 4.0.1 and MapScript Revision 1.177) but just get
> errors that say it cannot run as an apache2module. I have edited
> httpd.conf as suggested in the wiki, but nothing changes. MapServer runs
> fine and I have tested it, but I cannot get MapScript to run. My system
> is based on Mandrake 9.2

Your php_mapscript.so is likely correct, the error tells you that
php_mapscript can't work with your PHP config (this will be resolved in
the next 4.1 release).  What you need to do is compile PHP as a CGI,
install the php binary in the cgi-bin directory and then adding the
following changes to the httpd.conf should enable it:

AddType application/x-httpd-php-cgi .php .php3 .php4 .phtml
Action  application/x-httpd-php-cgi /cgi-bin/php

Also make sure that you comment out any other line that may already be
present in your httpd.conf for application/x-httpd-php

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca